First of all I want to THANK all 200+ of you for following my blog, it’s been a long year and then some! Finally reached this milestone, and it couldn’t come at a better time. It has been a long week and it is not over, this post is going on super late, and I am exhausted, but I still wanted to publish something today since I was not able to on Thursday.
So today I will be sharing the LIEBSTER award, given to me by the sweet Bella from BellaInizio! Thank you Bella for the nomination, it truly has brought some joy to this tired med student. ❤
The rules of this award:
1. Acknowledge blog who nominated you and display award;
2. Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you;
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself;
4. Nominate 11 blogs;
5. Notify them of the nomination;
6. Give them 11 questions to answer
Bellainizio’s questions for me:
1. how did you come to pick your blog name?
I honestly don’t remember the process exactly but since I write about pretty much anything and I am a medical student, I thought My Life In Med School summed up everything. Now that I am reaching the end of my medical school journey and becoming an actual MD, the new blog name Living MD is a reflection of the same, blogging will continue to be a journal of my life, now living as an MD. Very silly and corny but oh well…
2. where do you see yourself and your blog in a years time?
I see myself having Matched in OB-Gyn (crosses fingers, prays, meditates, etc) and preparing to move to wherever I match. I hope this blog continues to grow and I see myself having bought my domain and self-hosting this blog so that I can expand this hobby of mine.
3. what’s your favourite feature about yourself?
I admire my determination even with all of my struggles. No matter what happens I always find a way to get to my goal, even if not through the path I originally wanted. I embrace life, I enjoy life, but I still keep myself in track for my milestones in life and in my career.
4. do you have any little quirks?
I am pretty much a walking jukebox… with just one word I can automatically burst into song… (runs and hides)
5. what’s the most exotic destination you’ve ever been to?
uuummmmmmm I live there? haha I have no idea, I mean I live in a tropical paradise and we have a beautiful forest, incredible caves, and magnificent beaches. That is as exotic as I have experienced. I have been to St. Lucia and went “swimming” with manta rays… but that is a story I do NOT want to share right now LOL
6. what’s your favourite quote?
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Ghandi
7. who is your celebrity crush?
My all time celebrity crush is Daniel Radcliffe, and Harry Potter too (*wink)
8. do you have a role model/someone you look up to?
At the moment, I do not have a specific role model but I do admire all the women doctors, especially in surgical specialties, and other male dominated specialties who are leaders in the industry. A lot of them are mothers and are great physicians too. That is what I aspire to be, an inspiration to others, and a good mother and doctor.
9. what’s one good thing that happened today?
I got to feel proud of our national baseball team for bringing home the second place with dignity, humility, and most of all love for our beautiful island and culture. We might be small, we might be a few million, we might be a colony, but our culture is as wide and big as our planet.
10. you’re on a desert island, what are 3 things you couldn’t be without?
A book, food, and some playing cards
11. what’s your favourite high street shop?
hmmm at the moment I am very much obsessed with most things Tory Burch.
11 random facts about me:
- I am married to my high school sweetheart
- I am an only child
- I have bad hand-eye coordination
- I love Italian food
- I read Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows in 26 hours
- I love teen fantasy fiction books
- I find children’s coloring books relaxing
- I love green olives
- I wanted to be a veterinarian, but I cry when I see hurt animals in the street
- I hate driving
- I miss modeling and being in front of a camera or audience
- Who do you admire the most?
- What have you learned about life in 2017?
- What is your favorite ice cream?
- Where do you want to travel next?
- What do you want most in life?
- Who is your favorite designer?
- Flats, heels, or sneakers?
- Favorite animal?
- Movies or TV Shows on Netflix?
- What did you study in college (or want to major in)?
- What is something you wish someone had warned you about?
Thank you all so much for your support, I am honored to received this and to pass it on to these wonderful ladies. They are all worthy of admiration and they deserve all the love they receive from this wonderful community.
With this I leave you, will be posting on Friday evening instead of Thursday because I have 2 more tests this week, one of which is the final and 30% of the grade, the other is a reposition for an exam 2/16 in the class passed and they are making us retake it 2 days before the final. *SIGH* Such is life in medical school.
All the love ❤